Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hello All! Welcome to my new blog: Simple. Young. Domestic!


My name is Cass. I'm a twenty-something college student and small business owner with a passion for writing. I'm currently a psych major with a concentration in cognitive neuroscience at the State University of New York at Fredonia, but I tell everyone that if I were to choose a different major it would have to be English, writing, or even journalism! The only way I could think of to fulfill my need to write but still keep my focus on a career in research psychology was to start a blog to share information about my personal interests including school, crafting, home decor, frugal living (as a poor college student, I have plenty of experience on that subject!), small business tips, and so much more!

That may seem like a lot, but I am a jack of all trades. I have plenty of interests and have had to learn to balance them in my every day life. One important aspect of my blog is to try to help others who are in the same boat as me manage their time wisely so they can enjoy all of their specific interests and still have time for themselves, their significant others, and their families. It is possible to juggle it all without getting burned out, trust me! I'll touch base on keeping monthly and daily planners, getting motivated to do the less than exciting activities in your life, meal planning, and of course lots of studying tips! 

Another important aspect of my life is crafting and selling my handmade products on Etsy. I started selling back in August, and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made! If you are interested in checking out my Etsy shop, CasstheCrafter, you can find the link on the right side of this page. The Etsy community is full of helpful sellers that are willing to help newbies get a head start and hopefully become a success selling on Etsy. Many of these sellers have helped me since I started selling handmade and I have already been fortunate enough to pay it forward by giving advice to a few of my friends who have also started their own Etsy shops. But I also want to pass on the useful tips to all of my blog readers, so be ready for lots and lots of tips related to crafting and selling your beautiful handmade goodies!

I love to meet new people (both virtually and IRL) and hope to meet plenty of fellow bloggers, Etsy shop owners, and other members of the online community! I'm looking to learn everything I can about blogging and I would love any tips or comments you may have for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment